The EUCN aims to promote a greater awareness and understanding of the European Union and its relationships with New Zealand and the Asia Pacific through supporting academic research and teaching in these areas.
The EUCN has a multidisciplinary focus, keen to support investigation into all facets of the European Union and its relationships with this part of the world. The Network’s other key focus is on collaborative research, both throughout New Zealand and with wider international academic networks.
The EUCN’s aim is to be a hub for academics to connect with other academics working in their area and provide opportunities to extend their research, connect with international expertise, locate resources and disseminate their research findings.
The EUCN has a number of initiatives to help achieve these aims:
- EUCN Annual Conference
- Competitive Funding for Pilot Research Projects
- Collaborative Research Project on Comparative Regionalism
- Support for Activities at Partner Universities
- Development of longitudinal data on New Zealand Perceptions of the European Union
- Support for visiting academics and EU practitioners
- Staff Research Exchanges
The Network also has a number of initiatives to help promote the inclusion of European Union focused content within New Zealand academic teaching programmes:
- Support for nationally available online/virtual course on EU and the Asia Pacific
- Visiting Fellowships to develop curriculum modules.
We encourage all interested staff to regularly check this website for upcoming events, lectures and seminars that might be of interest.
For further information please contact us.